Players are going to extremes to outdo each other. Players want to be the best that everyone talks about online, or in books. But, instead of hyper-investing in relevant strategies and skill, they are prioritizing quantity to measure success on vanity metrics; number of matches, apps downloaded on phones, or number of times they play. Start with what matters. Otherwise, very little else matters in the long run.
More is vogue. More is advanced. More is different. Is more enough? Or is it actually less? Number of leagues and tournaments racing through the fantasy gaming expressway, have players across the nation scurrying to gather skill sets– all in the hope of getting that extra insight, that extra edge over others in the race.
But let us tell you a secret – Quantity doesn’t and will never explain quality, especially when it comes to fantasy cricket.
The Holy Grail? Every time you play a match, take something from it except winning or losing the game. If a strategy is not working out for you, instead of waiting for it to make you win, change it. Don’t think playing every match would improve you because every lesson will. Enough of us giving you suggestions, we asked the winning champions about how they get it ‘right’ or what is it that they follow and here is a glimpse –
- “It took me a lot of time and patience to understand everything from scores to daily fantasy leagues. I literally did a lot of research before making my team. I became a winner only when I focused on hard work and didn’t think about losing or winning the game.”
- “Being a die-hard fan of premium leagues and cricket in general, I kept daily track of news related to players, tournaments, and teams. Every time I play a match, it just serves as a great opportunity for me to put my knowledge and skill to use.”
- “Initially, I thought I didn’t need any practice matches. But right after playing a tournament or two, I understood no matter how pro you’re at concepts, you’ll always need a few practice matches to succeed at the actual match.”
- “So, I’ll tell you my mantra start any game – I always make sure to check the playing conditions on My11Circle, for instance, if the match is going to happen in overcast conditions, then the answer would be fast bowlers, pitch also helps to determine if you want to have spinner or pacers, so on and so forth. This has been my holy grail to winning almost every game now. And not to mention, consistency and focus is the way to go!”
- “I had no experience in fantasy gaming when I started playing – as time passed and I participated in a few matches after the practice tournaments, I kept becoming better at it. If there’s one thing I can tell you to become a champion at it – make your own strategies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all methods.”
Here’s a little something that every budding player needs to keep in mind – winning streaks are usually temporary – a few times you can just get overconfident or slip into complacency, or maybe the competition just gets better. One thing to stay should be – building on the best habits of winners to encourage disciplined focus, positive spirit, loads of practice especially on details, and most importantly, mutual respect.